Friday, October 12, 2007

Another Day

Hi, all. I don't have alot of time, so I'll just say a few words. I was going through some old cards and papers yesterday afternoon, and I came across a birthday card that my dear Grandmother had sent me in 1988. It was just a few months after we had moved away from my childhood home in Deer Park, TX., to relocate to North Texas for my then husband's job. It was very sad to reread how much my grandmother missed me and my kids, who were teenagers at the time. We had always lived within a few miles of her and we saw each other almost every day. It brings tears to my eyes to remember how much love we all shared, and how far apart families grow these day.
Anyway, inside that lovely card was another paper that my grandmother had obtained, and she sent it along to me for encouragement all those years ago. It still holds words of encouragment for all of us today. I'll share some now and some in future days.
These words were said to have been spoken in a prayer by an old Southern pastor years ago. We should sure all live by them today.

"Slow me down, Lord. Ease the pounding of my heart by the quieting of my mind. Steady my hurried pace with a vision of the eternal reach of time. Amen"

My Grandmother was a very Godly woman and I just pray that I can live up to the standard she held.

More tomorrow.
Ramona

BookooGuru - Your KISS Headquarters, Artisan Crafted Jewelry, Hard Rock Cafe Pins, and much more. Come see.

No comments: